Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Turn of the Year

God is good. He did not allow another turn of the year without taking care of His servants. Tomorrow I shall be receiving my first official pay check from my new employers after more than 20 years on the payroll of SIB. Only God knows what I have gone through these 18 months. Plenty of ups and downs; rumours of appointment and then silence for months. I just read from Matthew’s Gospel that a worker is worthy of his food. Now I work 6 days a week from early morning to late at night. Do I bring work back at home?

Yes my office is only about 20 meters away from my apartment. It is an extension of my ministry, though with my wife’s help I can’t say I live out of a suitcase, but when I move I think in 3 or 4 trips with my car I can get all my things out in no time. And I am preparing hard for my Seminar next week in Petaling Jaya. If you are around the place, please come join us at 3pm on Saturday, 5th August. It is right in the midst of election and campaign season as poll takes place the following week on 12th August in Selangor. 

I work for my wages as Jesus says that a labourer is worthy of his wages. I teach 4 courses, double the amount when I first started in Singapore 15 years ago. And I preached in the 2nd week as well which consumed at least four or five days of my time. Preparing for a 20 min sermon is thrice as hard as 3-hour lectures. Kyrie Eleison!

No comments:

Post a Comment