Friday, April 10, 2015

100 Days in Ministry: What Next?


I spent my 100th day in ministry with a group of students rehearsing for worship on Sunday. I caught a glimpse of the reason of my being here: to go about the Father's business in the Father's house. To tend Christ's flock and feed the lambs. We are just finishing chapter 4 of Matthew's Gospel where Jesus called his first disciples. Are you called to follow Christ the way the early apostles were called? They left their boats (previous professions), their father (family ties) and they followed Christ. I have been in the business of following Christ for almost 21 years since giving up my profession in 1993. The journey has been rewarding with all its challenges. It is a life of faith.
Today I am here, but where I will be the next day is in the Lord's hands for today and tomorrow I will heal and cast out demons but on the third day I shall be perfected, saith the Lord (Luke 13). Those who follow Christ know only of todays because no one knows what happens tomorrow, least of all the day after tomorrow. This is my 2nd half in ministry; the first in three phases and the second also in 3 or 4 phases. Per chance by the grace of God, I will be perfected in Jerusalem and worship the Lord in the temple soon to be rebuilt for who is he that cometh to prepare the way of the Lord; the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come into his temple; even the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight; behold! he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts (Mal 3:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment