Tuesday, April 28, 2015

It's Tough Going but the Tough Gets Going

I find the going getting tougher by the week. After a hectic weekend of preaching, I had to chair the church council's meeting from 8pm until 11:15pm last night. There was much to discuss to prepare for the Retreat this coming weekend. For the past couple of days, I had been preparing for the forthcoming Retreat after sending off almost 100 slides to the organizers of the Men's Conference earlier where I shall be preaching 3 times from Friday to Saturday before heading back to Ranau for the Sunday services with the Retreat starting Sunday evening.
It will be another long and tough week but I am mentally preparing myself for the hardship and the battles ahead. Preaching, leading, chairing meetings is part of spiritual warfare for the hearts and minds of believers for though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment