Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The Month of February 2022

I ended the month of February without a sign from the Lord when the SOPs restricting my ministry would be loosened. Around the world, in India, Sweden, Denmark and England, many of the restrictions which were put in place due to the Covid-19 virus have been removed. I hope in the Lord that it won't be too long in Malaysia, preferably by year's end when travel restrictions would be eased for one and all. Anyhow, it has been a fruitful February, literally and spiritually. Literally, just as the sunset was near last night, I plucked two combs of bananas from the bottom of the hill behind my house.

Two bags filled with bananas enough for two weeks' consumption. Spiritually, I received guests not just on CNY but also a pastor came visiting and we conversed for three hours on many things. Capping it all was the Youth's Google Meet I conducted for my former church last Thursday and in their hearts I could see that they still regarded me as their pastor. How can the sheep do without their shepherd? It's cruel to leave them shepherd-less and some people will have to answer before the Lord. And furthermore, I am more than ready to submit my manuscript on the Song of Songs to my friend for formatting to be published as an e-book. I must have read the draft for 20th time since December 2021 and it is now in its 51st edition since I started writing almost three years ago. So I would consider the month of February a working-month and because of the rise of Covid-19 cases, I did not go outstation to sell my books. But yesterday, I received more good news that one District sold 22 books, mostly my John's Gospel's commentary and a few copies of Departure Points. But I felt kind of sad that this District which has 30 churches and my friend told me that he had travelled to a few churches to sell the books and in his words, "one church bought two and another three copies". It is either that the culture of reading is disappearing fast or that the economic strength is so weak that a RM40 book is too expensive for many. When I sold 8 books discounted 50% for theological students, I was told that they were all happy and appreciative. But I could see most of them own a nice handphone and wear good clothes. Perhaps what is outward is more important than the feeding of our souls. Everyday I read several chapters of the Bible from various biblical books. In February I finished Ruth, Esther, and Habakkuk and started on Daniel. I read 5 to 10 Psalms very morning praying and praising God as I wait on the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment