Monday, February 28, 2022

The Next Move of God

"Lord, on You I wait all day long". I am waiting for the next move of God in my life. My first phase of my life in Sabah after my return from Singapore has ended last year. In total I served about 6 years with 4 years in Ranau and 2 years in Kota Kinabalu. In all, I waited about 20 months for my different postings, three or four altogether. Even in Ranau, I moved all my things back to KK for a mere two months before taking my things back to the Bible College in Ranau at the end of August 2016. Is it a surprise that I called my memoirs like the journeying of Israel in the wilderness as "Departure Points"? All that concluded four phases of my ministry from 1994.

The first phase was 1994-1998 (30-34 years old) in Melangkap, Kota Belud and Kota Kinabalu. The second phase was as pastor of my home church, Likas, KK (2003-2008) when I was 38 years old until 43. Then at a ripe age of just a month before turning 44, I served in Singapore for 6 years before returning to the land of my birth when I celebrated my Golden Jubilee (50th year). The Ranau's phase although punctuated by three different appointments is considered as one phase before moving back to Kota Kinabalu early 2019 and starting as pastor in my most recent church. A total of 6 years of service in Sabah (2015-2021) ended the fourth phase of my journeying with the Lord. What is the next move for me, O Lord? I am prepared to go where You want, even to Solomon's Islands as a theological lecturer/missionary. I shall be willing to go to New Zealand to try to find something to do, since I have not actually ministered within a Western society despite spending altogether 12 years in Australia and New Zealand. Will my 5th phase be in a different culture and a different country altogether? "My servant will be where I am." (John 12). Where are You, Lord for me?" "Here am I! Send me". Whilst waiting, I am busy writing or editing my book. I spent the best part of 2022 (two months) revising and editing my concise commentary on the Song of Songs. It is complete, but shall I send it to my friend for possible conversion to an e-book? My question is "will the church be blessed?" Why did the Lord inspire me to write a book if He did not want it to be read widely? Only this morning I read from Habakkuk, "Write the vision. Write it clearly on a tablet so that all who pass-by could read". 

No comments:

Post a Comment