Sunday, February 27, 2022

Quietly Rising

I may have more time to blog now but unless there is something to blog about, the blog remains silent. For a long time which I can't remember, this morning my blog hits a new milestone, going above 3,000 unique visitors for the first time in the month of February which still has more than 24 hours to go. I am thrilled to have on average 100 readers visiting the blog daily from many different nations, especially the United States of America. I felt the Lord is restoring to me what was lost 11 years ago when I stopped blogging for a year due to some reasons that one day God willing, I will write about.

Slowly but surely, the readership is back in force, and I still hold to my principle of blogging which is to convey at least one Scriptural idea or spiritual principle for life and faith. Today, I read several Psalms as I am accustomed to do and one LXX Psalm 88 (Hebrew 89) has a verse about the Lord "postponing His anointed one" instead of casting off His anointed as in the Hebrew. The word used in Greek has the sense of God delaying or deferring, so I took that as a big encouragement that my time to be active in ministry has just be "put off" or "delayed" by the Lord as He sees fit. I told my friend two days ago that when I shared God's Word last Thursday night, I felt the anointing of the Spirit strong and about 10 youths actually wrote in the chat forum to thank me for sharing. I told my friend that despite me not speaking in front of an audience for almost 5 months, I did not miss a beat because of God's gifting and His enabling for His servants and those whom He anoints. The listeners who have the Spirit will know the difference whether they have heard from the Lord for it is the Spirit who quickens and the flesh profits nothing. Many preachers trust in their wisdom or passion or gift of the gap (in the flesh) but do not have God's anointing - herein lies the difference between the spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

No comments:

Post a Comment