Thursday, February 17, 2022

Enjoying my "Retirement"

I can't help but feel this year or maybe next year as well, I shall be sitting home and enjoying my retirement. In fact, with my love for reading, it is a phase of my life to relish as I don't worry about preaching, Bible study or pastoral care of others. I was enjoying Robert Alter's translation and commentary on the Song of Songs and his commentary confirmed many of my conclusions based on the Hebrew text. Last week I read Ruth and this week Esther by Robert Alter as well and I just realized that all three books have a common theme of love and romance though in very different contexts.

It seems that the love of God is mirrored by the love of a man and a woman, as husbands should love their wives even as Christ loves the Church (Eph 5). I am going to enjoy this period of inactivity or non-productivity so to speak. I don't even care if I manage to start writing a book by year's end, as book writing is perhaps the most taxing enterprise to be engaged with especially towards the end of editing, revision and formatting stage. And also not forgetting self-publication is costly and I am glad in the Lord for my supporters, those who have donated funds for my writing projects and those who have bought my books which I will save up for future publication. Just heard from the island of Labuan that all my books are sold out and I told the elder that he could stop by my place and pick up more books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment