Wednesday, February 16, 2022

2 Years & 20 Years & Bodily Constitution

This year is full of twos. It is the year 2022. It is the 2nd month of the 22nd year of the 21st century. I just came across a photo of myself with my former church members taken exactly 2 years ago on a Sunday just before I flew to Singapore. At that time, there was no known Covid-19 cases in Sabah but there were already many cases in Singapore. Changi Airport was empty when I landed. When I looked at the photo in church, how many could have predicted what events would follow - within the month on March 17th, we would have our first lockdown and when I write the word, "former", I still feel a tinge of regret that led to my cessation of ministry due to the vaccination requirements for Sunday services. When I watched Novak Djokovic's interview with the BBC this evening, I felt no regrets whatsoever of the decision I took - to stand on my principles of what I had done or not do in the past 40 years of following Jesus Christ.

I have always asked the Lord's guidance for whatever course of action I take, what else could be more important than injecting something foreign into my body knowing that the vaccine was only in experimental stage that comes with emergency approval, not proven "safe" long-term and in the light of my own knowledge of my (weak) bodily constitution like Paul - I boast in my weaknesses - I am not eloquent like some preachers, I am not a 6-foot tall male with a deep and booming voice. My voice is not soothing and in fact it can sound scary whenever I get excitable (or perhaps sense the anointing). I make no claims to anything except what Christ has done in my life and through me, the Word of God is declared to one and all. It is also 20 years ago that I completed my research on the book of Revelation though it was not until the end of the 2002 that I submitted my final draft to my supervisor. Twenty years of having learned the mystery of God's revelation of the End-Time and what is written by John is nearer than when we first believed. And because of God's abundant revelation, I was given a thorn in the flesh lest I boast, and knowing how weak I am in myself, I can only boast in God who strengthens me and has kept me in perfect health for the past 3 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment