Sunday, June 5, 2022

Closing Ranks

This coming Sunday exactly a week from now I shall be preaching about church unity. It is time to close ranks after much rancour on church closure and vaccination requirements. As I walked into the church hall this morning ai met an old friend whom I had not spoken with for a long time. When he found out the reason why I was not employed in church, he told me his own stories.

First, his wife also could not be vaccinated due to certain ailments. Second, he said he had not been well since the second shot as he felt his heart beat quicker and inflamed. Many people are suffering from side effects in silence. He also told me that he would not have his teenage children vaccinated. For many parents with young children they are in a big dilemma, and according to Malaysian news almost half of school going children had been vaccinated. I chatted with four church members after service. In fact I stayed on with many church members quickly made their way to their cars. At the end, one elder called out to me and I greeted him and congratulated him on his promotion. He is one of the highest ranked civil servants and we talked about retirement. He is one year younger than me and will be retiring in 3 years. I responded and said it would be only 2 years for me. It seems that I had never worked a day as I serve the Lord Christ. We also talked about travelling overseas and I told him that I don't mind being stuck in Sabah as there are many places in the State I have not been and I won't be able to go into all the cities and towns until the Son of Man comes. I had preached in about 120 churches but there are still about 400 that I have not been, so there is muc work to do in my Judae and Samaria (Kalimantan). 

No comments:

Post a Comment