Friday, June 17, 2022

Publishing Books

I spent the whole evening and three hours this morning tidying up my Concise Commentary on the Song of Solomon. When my friend asked me which is my favourite book among the four books I had written, my answer is simple - A Woman in Love. This book demands all my skills as an exegete of Hebrew and Greek texts and a poetry to boot. It is highly symbolic and the main theme of love and romance challenges any interpreter who wishes to comment on this little book of 8 chapters and 117 verses. I spent about 18 months in revising it especially the last 6 months since I ceased active pastoral work last October. It was only in mid March of 2022 that I was happy with the final draft having added merely 4,000 words. But it is a book which I shall publish, God willing to commemorate my 40th anniversary in Christ coinciding with my 10,000 days in full time ministry last April. It will be called a 40th anniversary edition in the front page and the cover has “revised edition” to differentiate the book I published in January 2021. God willing, it will bless many church groups especially young people who want to know about love and romance in God’s Word and who can believe that God has His Word in this most fundamental of human emotions, called love.

No comments:

Post a Comment