Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Gift of Tears

The only theologian I could relate to in this special gift is Simeon the Theologian in the early 11th century AD who wrote about the gift of tears. I shed much tears on Sunday in the middle of the worship song “I belong to You” “Sebab Aku ini milikMu” and I wept before the Lord. Humanly it is not a pleasant sight with two elders standing close to me, one on the left and one on the right. The elder on the left must have shook my hands three times as he thanked me three times for the sermon. There were three tambourine dancers and two were just a few feet away from me and I do not know if they were affected by my tears.

When I looked back at the video one dancer was visibly moved by the Song and she shed a few tears too I think. But God’s love is poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit given to us (Romans 5:5) You can got more experiential Christianity than in this verse. I can’t imagine an emotionless faith: high and dry. I welt for more than an hour at my conversion and I wept for many more hours during my first teo months and wept some more when the Lord called me into ministry. One reason why I wept on earth is the feelings of God as if there are God’s tears for this lost world and the people in this world whom God loves so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment