Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Two Milestones This Year

I was born in the year of the Dragon and this is my year in the month of Leo. With a dragon and a lion thrown into the mix, you do not get any better omens. But in Christ, everything is made anew, and those who believe are new creation. Stars and omens no longer rule the lives of men, but the Star of Jaco, the Messiah Jesus rules over the people who bow their knees in acknowledgment of His kingship. I preached a tough message on Sunday on doing the will of the Father in heaven because many shall say to Jesus on that day, "Lord, Lord" but they will not enter the kingdom of heaven because they are doing their own things, caring for themselves first and foremost, their own interests and not the interests of Jesus Christ and disregarding God's will in their lives.

They may pretend to offer allegiance but God knows our hearts and perfect love casts out all fear. Many fear this or that, fear for the future so much so they gather non-stop, not knowing it is God who gives them wisdom and strength to gain wealth. Once they gain, they spend on themselves or their children or hoard until they die, not knowing who will inherit their wealth. But it is God who is my shepherd all my life (Gen 48:15) as Jacob confessed on his death-bed. I know not what the future may hold but every day I will serve God to the best of my ability. This morning I read Isaiah 25-29 in 90 minutes, meditatively as I marked God's Word as I have always done. Last Sunday I told the church why I resigned from my former Seminary, a good paying job. It is because God told me so. I have learned to obey for obedience is better than sacrifice. Four times He spoke to me through Proverbs 24:27 LXX "Prepare your work for your departure". If those who heard believed they will receive a blessing because they honoured God's servants and they will be more blessed if they apply the same principle of obedience in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment