Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Wishes for the next 10 years

I told the church two Sundays ago that I was planning and seeking God's will for me for the next decade until I turn 70. There is one wish in my heart to visit all the 140 SIB churches that I had gone to preach the Word of God. I had visited few of these churches twice or thrice last year when I preached in SIB Gansurai in Kota Belud in front of 500 youths. The first time I preached there was in 1995, my first year in ministry (I started on 1st Dec 1994) based near the Melangkap church about 30 minutes from the College. 99% of the youths were not even born when I preached in 1995 but they listened to God's Word in 2023. One wish is to return to preach in SIB Alutok, five hours' drive from KK, beyond Tenom close to the Kalimantan border.

I preached 5 sessions there when I turned 32 years old in 1996. Perhaps God will open doors for me to return when I turn 62 yo, 30th anniversary of my visit and it happens to fall on a Sunday in 2026. So my wish aligns with the will of God, I will be based in Sabah for at least two more years and God willing, another decade. Then in another 3 years to SIB Meligan (1997) where I preached 3 times and my fellow leader, the Secretary General twice probably in May or June 1997. The road to Meligan is still very bad. The last time I passed by there was in Long Mio, another hour from Meligan right into the Kalimantan border just over the hills as villagers would say. They used to walk across the hills overnight and they would reach Kalimantan the next day. I visited Long Pasia twice in my three days in Long Mio, a bare 10 minutes' drive away. I pray to God this morning I would be able to purchase another double cap 4x4 to go to places where most cars can't reach. I sold my Triton three years ago as it was already aging 9 years old and maintenance was costing me heaps on a SIB pastor's salary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment