Friday, February 16, 2024

Conferences?

In the past fortnight so many things had happened that the last thing on my mind was Conference attendance. But this morning I received an email a kind of reminder from my friend who wanted to invite me to Society of New Testament Conference in Melbourne. A few weeks ago Melbourne was farthest from my mind as I was planning for an European trip but suddenly circumstances changed that now the only possible conference attendance is in Melbourne.

But I need a few days to decide to accept an invitation to attend and even that it will depend on what happens a week or two before the Conference. That’s about as much as living on edge but I don’t expect the next few months to be smooth sailing. It is Dragon’s year and one myth is that the heavenly creature just needed to move its feet and waters or oceans down beneath are stirred up and is a harbinger of things to come. Lord, you know how long I had wanted to attend an academic conference and the last was 8 years ago in Seoul, South Korea. But this time if I do attend it is just for relaxation and renewing friendships if anyone still remembers a man from Borneo. I say this with utmost dependence on our God and it is He who has gifted me the ability to mix with these scholars and I remember well that in the Korean conference in 2016, four or five Professors came up to me and said how blessed they were with the two papers that I had presented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment