Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Full-time Author

For almost three years now, I have considered myself a full-time author except this sudden one-year appointment which is coming to an end in a few months' time. Apart from teaching here in KK, I have one more teaching commitment to keep in May, then it will be free. I watched a couple of "early retirement" videos last night, but as for me it will be seeking the Lord's will, though no one is immune to human deliberations and planning. "Man may plan his ways, but the Lord's purpose will stand." I might return to full-time writing in the near future. 

I have faith in the Lord that it will be the case for me. I realised teaching is also a very stressful job if one wants to be serious and at the cutting edge. I keep re-writing and writing lecture notes and research into many things in the three topics that I am teaching according to the students' ability to understand and my perception of their spiritual needs. It is never an intellectual or academic exercise for me, for my quest is the truth as we are now translating John 15 when Jesus says when the Holy Spirit comes, he will guide us into all truth. How many lecturers or teachers aim for that, or is it just fulfilling their duties or requirements of their jobs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment