Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Doing Nothing, Doing Everything

In barely three months, this phase of my ministry will be over. One walks by faith and not by sight. Whenever I lecture with the wealth of experience and learning granted by the Lord, I felt there is no better place for me than in a classroom imparting my knowledge and expertise to all who come. One student even called me "sifu" ("master" in the sense of an expert in martial arts). I doubt he had known my own illustration of being a black belt with 6 Dans with each "dan" representing a book that I have published. But alas, this teaching ministry is short-lived. It is truly ironic that much lesser mortals will go on forever for they are the establishment, those who do the bidding of their boss and leader. But who does the will of God the Father and look after the interests of Jesus Christ?

Like Paul said to Timothy, there are many who just look after their own interests, often time in the name of religion and in the name of God, but their pride is their belly, all self-interest and no true sacrifice, hence no true service for there is no service to God without sacrifice. These are wolves in sheep's clothing and there are many. Did not Paul say after his departure, many wolves will come and will not spare the flock? One has to be so careful these days. There could be 450 false prophets to one true prophet like in the days of Elijah. 

But I am looking forward, forgetting even the present as it will soon become the past. No doubt the present is ever so important because I enjoy what I am currently doing and I will go on giving my best to the last day of my service here in this place. Will I go to New Zealand? Will I stay back in Sabah? One friend expressed a hope that whatever I choose to do will work out. I have no such sentiments. It is a matter of obedience for obedience is better than sacrifice. I want to say like Paul that "I have not been disobedient to the heavenly vision" Much is given much is expected. Not many are given the privilege of such a call, a calling through a heavenly vision with the assurance that if not in this world, in the next we will reach and find rest in the city of God, an eternal city which God prepares for those who love Him and do His will here on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment