Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Things are at Overdrive

When your mind is loaded, sleep will suffer. After three hours of the Song of Songs on Monday night where I spoke and lectured throughout with the exception of a few questions, I felt the burden of the Word of Lord on me and to have unloaded it to my students in a way acceptable to them, yet not compromising the truth is an art to behold, and only those filled with the Holy Spirit will know what I mean. I have stayed calm while the storm rages around me. When you are on your way out, you really know who your friends are. Twice over dinners for guests, the same few people came to talk with me while others saw me from afar. But I put up a steely front, always cheerful and kind to all I meet and am ready to help in a moment's notice. By your patience, you will inherit the promises of God.

Two days ago at a shop where I take my morning tea or early breakfast, someone paid for my buns and coffee, and he told me that he was so blessed by my book on the Trinity. As the shop was crowded I did not have time to chat and asked him which essay or essays blessed him, but nevertheless it was a good sign that it was bearing much fruits. With less than four months to go, I have to prepare for my departure. 

I have a course to teach in Kuala Lumpur over five days and only a couple of hours before it was confirmed that I shall be speaking in one of the larger churches in town. There are multiple services with 7 on the pastoral staff alone. But I shall be speaking in the BM service. The next thing that I decided was a short few hours in Singapore to meet a friend on my way to Kuala Lumpur. I have not decided to fly to Subang or KLIA but the former is much closer to what I shall be putting up for 6 days. The return leg is every much up the air, literally and metaphorically, as I might fly off to New Zealand for another trip as I was back in NZ last May which would be a year ago by this May. 

No comments:

Post a Comment