Friday, February 23, 2024

Conscious during the Night

I have been experiencing something that I rarely do in waking up at odd hours and my mind fixed on my next big move or no move at all. I ponder and pray in my mind there would be time I need the whole hour before falling back to sleep. No move at all could be the best outcome because I am so familiar with so many things around me, all the creaturely comforts, my home, cars and cafes dotted around KK that I visit a couple of times per week. I dine out quite a bit which something I can't do if I live overseas as most places are expensive in terms of dining out. I spent a month's pay on food alone for the 4 weeks I spent with my son when he was at varsity in 2012. My son only cooked once, and I realised cooking, like his dad is not his forte. So I spent on lunches and dinners for both myself and son.

Last year was different just two weeks in Auckland as my son is working so when we dine together he foots the bills. But I also spent much time on my own lunches and stuff and eating out is expensive in New Zealand. I probably need to stock up on chicken and steak pies which I did but I only ate twice when I was in NZ. 

So being comfortable in my current place is real incentive just to stay put and I can write my books and if need be fly to Singapore for a week or two for library resources in my former place of ministry which has as good a library as St John's Theological College in Auckland where I completed writing my doctoral thesis in 2002. Time is catching up and I need to get going with my life. Last night we translated John 15 from Greek to Malay, and it struck me that Jesus said one has to go and bear fruits, not unlike the great commission is that one has to go and make disciples of all nations. One has to leave one's comfort zone and often a time, many do not bear fruits that last because they stay put in their comfort zones and refuse to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment