Saturday, February 3, 2024

Seeking the Lord's Will

I found myself at peace now. After several weeks of intensive struggles in prayers and pre-dawn rising to seek the will of God for my future. Last night when I was walking to a Mall for dinner, I had a sense of peace and joy. I felt joyful that I could say to the Lord that wherever You may lead I will go. How many people on this planet earth can say that? I am a totally free agent in submission to God's will. I could stay put in Sabah or I could go to the ends of the earth, including the place of my spiritual birth. I told a Kiwi friend that I am NZ bred and trained.

Born again in Christchurch and all my tertiary education, four qualifications in all, some 12 years of full-time study was accomplished in New Zealand. So it is not a surprise for me to seek the Lord's will whether He would want me to serve Him there. So be it, Lord.  I believe in Your sovereignty and You can turn things around for my sake in Jesus' Name. I have no personal agenda and no desire for fame or wealth. I just want to go where the Lord wants me like the 140,000 of Rev 14,  a symbolic number of the end-time people of God who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. 

Now I am turning 60 in a few months' time. After that, there is no pretending that I am still a youth or young in whatever sense of the word. I may not be old, but I am young no longer and I will make sure that the next decade or my 7th decade in life I will establish my legacy so that generations will remember me forever, so says the Psalmist. Only those who work for God and his works wrought in God will accomplish that for they bear lasting fruits, not something transient but something eternal for only in the Lord is everlasting life and those who do the will of God shall live forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment