Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Decision Time

Every decade of my life there seems to a big move on my part. I started serving in 1994 and in 2003 the first big move of becoming pastor of our mother church in Likas straight after completing my PhD. Then the next big move in 2013-2014 in deciding to move back from Singapore to Sabah and now in 2024 it will be another big move, perhaps farther than just South East Asia, to the ends of the earth. From the land of my birth to the land of my spiritual birth.

But nothing is sure until it is certain, a lesson I learned in 2002 when an opening was closed the last minute but it was God’s will as I pastored one of the biggest churches in SIB, from 200 to 450 members by the end of my 5-year tenure. Multiplication has followed me throughout my life. My first church more than doubled. My second church in Ranau overflowed to the stairs and the pulpit. My third Church during the pandemic was filled to the capacity every time the church doors reopened. 

My electives in TTC Singapore was well attended often times three or four times the number of students than in the other electives. My night classes once overflowed from the largest 100 seater lecture hall and we moved to the multipurpose Hall. Why is that so? Because I believe. I believe in what Jesus said about doing greater works and bearing much fruits in order that the Father is glorified. I believe that God can do exceedingly more than what we asked and prayed for us, multiplying our ministry and our efforts on His behalf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment