Thursday, December 15, 2022

Things Happened

If one really seeks after God, one would know His will because God delights to show His people His ways. Jesus said that, "if anyone wants to do His will, he will know whether my teaching is from myself or from the Father who sent Me" (John 7:17). The problem was and still is that very few people want to do God's will, hence they can't discern His teachings. Sometimes they are deluded into thinking it is the truth, but in fact it is falsehood and deceit. A man's heart is desperately wicked and who can know it? And we go on as if we are righteous, but in fact we are like filthy rags in His sight. Our wickedness and hypocrisy have driven His Spirit far from us but we can carry on as if nothing happens, and presume to think that God is with us.

Did not the ten spies get defeated when they went up after first refusing to go? When they wanted to go, God was no longer with them but they presumed His presence and pretend their obedience. We live in difficult times as many things happened. In the past fortnight, many things had happened and I am still processing while waiting on the Lord for His guidance and direction. Yesterday, I read a verse in Isaiah 2:22 "sever yourself from such a man, what is he of account?" It is true that more than ever, I need to choose my friends with wisdom. Many friends have turned out turn-coats and acted more like Judas Iscariot. I am still in shock and sorrow that hardly anyone shows any moral outrage that the vaccination status rule for pastors is still in force after the government of Malaysia relaxed it more than 8 months ago. "Sever yourself from such a man". This is no point to walk together unless both parties are in agreement. 

As God's servants, we should support one another, love and care for another. They are not shepherds but wolves in sheep's clothing. But one day, all deeds whether good or bad, hidden or otherwise will be revealed. Yesterday, I busied myself preparing for my Christmas sermon for this Sunday service. Today I am taking a short break, before focusing once more on my sermon tomorrow. I look forward to the New Year, per chance God will inspire me once more to write a new book. A new book for a new year, my sixth and soon it will be the seventh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment