Friday, December 9, 2022

Three Years Ago

It's been three years that my son returned home. It was an eventful time early 2020 when he managed to return to New Zealand to his work just two weeks before the New Zealand's lockdown lasting more than 2 years. So I am looking forward to seeing my son again. The good news is that he is quite established in his job in the same place of employment, though he is still new in his latest role and the recent confirmation of a permanent post. So he is taking time to see his family during Christmas and also Lunar New Year before he heads back to NZ. If he can make it back by Christmas's Eve, he may drive up to Ranau to join me for Christmas services there.

I shall be up in Ranau on 23rd December, with three services from Friday night to Sunday morning, which is Christmas Day itself. Then, I plan to travel to nearby villages to sell my books and back to KK on 26th December. Many churches still do not have the commentary on John's Gospel published almost 3 years ago, but the Galatians' commentary is brand new. Only last night I received positive feedback from a pastor who told me he had already used my commentary on Galatians twice in his sermons. If only 20% of the pastors read it, there will be 80 copies sold. But for one reason or another, I doubt I could reach more than 50 pastors in all. Even after three years, I would think only about 80 or 90 pastors had purchased my John's commentary. So in 2023, I try to travel around Sabah in the first quarter to promote my books and then a visit to Sarawak, at least across the border from Sipitang in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment