Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Ready to Roll

After a couple of days' rest from my exertion in Ranau where I preached 50min long sermons on three consecutive days, I am back in ministry mode with preparation to preach in Sandakan on New Year's Day. I received an invitation to preach on 8th January but decided to turn it down as I might make a trip north that I planned for a while now, basically to promote my books in a few churches.

But on 7th Jan I am making trip to Kota Belud to preach in a family service and to pray for a new house in a village nearby. That would be five weeks in a row that I am ministering God's Word since 10th December. My sytle of preaching can be tiring as I preach my heart out with all my energy every session of ssrvice. I don't hold back since one never knows that could be one's last sermon. 

Suddenly, possibilities open up. I am in no hurry though I won't hesitate to go as soon as the Lord gives the green light. Amazing that just like in Singapore, I have served 6 years in Sabah though I have been back for 8.5 years which means 2.5 years waiting for an appointment without pay. There comes a time that if one is no longer wanted in one's place one should just move on. Yet my preaching ministry in the past 8months has been spectacular with many people blessed. All my three sessions in Ranau, especially on Christmas Day, the 250 ceowd hanged on my every word. No one moved except one person and every one paid great attention to God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment