Wednesday, December 7, 2022

100 Books sold in 2 weeks

Apart from the 12 books I sold during the pastors' fellowship on 17th November 2022, I had sold about 100 more books in the past two weeks. I brought about 15 books to church last Sunday including my earlier commentary on John's Gospel and all books were sold out within minutes. The church pastor texted and invited me to preach this Sunday or next, but I am occupied every Sunday until the first Sunday 2023. I have mailed about 20 books to individuals and a College in West Malaysia that bought my commentary on Galatians.

Last Sunday evening, I sold seven more copies in my former Church. Perhaps it is the Christmas season when people are more willing to buy spiritual books, but last Sunday in the church located at the outskirt of Kota Kinabalu (about 40 minutes from my house), I sensed the spiritual appetite of members, something which I had not felt for quite some time. Encouraging to see were a number of young men in their 20s buying my book. A few even followed me to my car and I was glad even the last copy of John's commentary that I kept at the backseat was sold to this one young man. Even Jesus said to one young man, "sell everything and give to the poor, but you come and follow Me". Now I have to decide within days whether I want to print more besides those printed. I will go to Ranau for Christmas and I could drop by a few churches on the way and even in Ranau District itself, there are many churches that would benefit from reading of a commentary on Paul's letter to the Galatians.

No comments:

Post a Comment