Friday, December 2, 2022

God Remembers

Yesterday was a special day. I did not realise it until about 7pm in the evening. I started out the day by delivering two books to a pastor who ordered it during the church's AGM but my books were sold out then. When I looked for him, another pastor showed up and bought another two copies. Then, another pastor asked for the books as well, but I did not bring anymore. I will deliver to the lady pastor in charge of children's ministry early next week. I felt happy as six of my books were sold. In actual fact, many people and churches still do not know that I published a commentary on John's Gospel nearly three years ago.

Then, I went to the city centre and had lunch with my good friend. During our conversation just past noon, I received several texts from my son in Auckland. He told me that he got the job he applied for. He had asked me to pray for him before the interview on 21st Nov. I remember on the 20th as well as early morning on 21st Nov (5am Malaysian time) and just about the time of his interview I cried out to God. I prayed to Him and asked God to answer my prayers for my son and to show to my son that his dad's prayers are listened to by God. It was an answer to prayers. My son told me that there were 250 applicants and only two were selected. 30 people were shortlisted and interviewed. He told me that sometimes his mind would go blank when he was interviewed but this time he answered everything with conviction and he felt the bosses were impressed. Praised be to God. 

But soon after lunch I was rejoicing but still did not understand why for the whole day I was feeling happy. Then, a friend texted me about 6.30pm. The friend asked me about my Christmas preaching and I told him that I was feeling a sense of unease about my future ministry. I can't really go into details what transpired last week during the AGM. I am still reflecting on it and asking God to guide and lead me. A few of my close friends and family members had asked me why I am staying around a group of people who don't appreciate one's calling and gifting. 

I told my friend who texted me at 6.30pm that it was because of my love for the flock of God whom I had served for 28 years that made me endure what had come my way for "many are the afflictions of the righteous". When I typed the number "28", suddenly it dawned on me that yesterday was my 28th anniversary in full-time ministry. No wonder my heart was filled with peace and joy the whole day. No wonder my son's prayers for his job were answered. It is no wonder that God remembers, though men and other so-called servants of God may exclude or harbour hatred in their hearts, but in God's eyes, those who truly serve Him are his beloved, dear to Him and we are like the apple of His eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment