Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Reservoir of Goodwill

When I think about the events of the past couple of days, I am astounded by God's works and how He has granted me His favour and from his holy heaven given me mighty victories. Now that I have an appointment in hand, though I start only in June, I have time to think about what I want to do in the next few months. When I thought about my ministry in church last Sunday, I realised I had a deep reservoir of good will among church members and leaders. Many members stayed back to chat with me over drinks and later the pastor with four elders took me into the pastor's office and we had a lunch fellowship lasting more than 2 hours. I don't remember having a longer lunch being served coffee twice and buns at the end after a hearty lunch offering. When I spoke the elders listened.

Like Job, I felt the anointing and fellowship of God is on me and when I stand up, they stood up and only when I sat they sat out of respect and honour they showed to the lowliest of God's servants. I have preached in 10 churches in the past 10 months and several of these churches had given me repeated invitations like the church I preached at last Sunday. Together with a church in Sarawak, I have preached in 11 churches and the 12th is coming up in Good Friday services from Friday to Resurrection Sunday, God willing. 

For several weeks non-stop I received constant communication in way of phone calls and texts asking about my future ministry and now I have to figure out the best way to communicate that to all my friends and supporters. A reservoir of goodwill after more than 22 years of service in Sabah and now in Sarawak. With my forthcoming ministry in hand, I believe my ministry will be magnified further, perhaps it will be God's way to make my own denomination to sit up and look. Like Paul who said that he magnified his ministry among the Gentiles so that the Jews might be jealous and be drawn into the Gospel that Paul preached. We will see but the most pressing issue now is to give myself a short break from mid April to May. Is it to the West or back to New Zealand? 

No comments:

Post a Comment