Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Biblical Scholar at the Doorsteps

If I had wanted to be a lecturer I would have stayed back in Singapore with much more comfort, convenience and compensation. I returned to Sabah to answer God's call, especially to serve among the indigenous peoples of the land. Perhaps my new posting at a Seminary with first class facilities will fulfill such a calling as many Malay speaking pastors cannot go anywhere else besides Indonesia.

Now you have another biblical scholar right at your door steps and I am sure some of my friends and colleagues will come and study in the place where I serve. Although there are still three months before I move to my College's accommodation, I am already feeling the sense of excitement everytime I start a new ministry. 

God willing I will stay for a long time to see five or even 10 future scholars get their MTheol in biblical studies. As for Doctor of Theology, Lord if You give one or two I shall be content. There are many barriers for indigenous pastors to upgrade their theological education, not least in terms of the mastery of English language and the speed of reading of journal articles and monographs. Don't be surprised that even BTheol graduates hardly read books when they had to chase deadlines and many assignments. 

After 4 days since I uploaded my utube message on my new appointment, congratulatory messages are still coming in, last night and this morning. Many are still expressing shock and disappointment that the denomination had let me slip away and that I was not appointed to my former College which I led for one Semester in 2016. But I am at peace and I had waited long enough. Now the Lord has opened the door wide and I have to enter into it without delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment