Monday, February 20, 2023

Preaching is Intense

No wonder Jesus felt power had gone out of Him when the woman with a bleeding issue touched Him. To be a blessing and God's vessel of His power touching people with His Word requires much energy by the Spirit of the Lord. Even as I write just before noon 24 hours since I ended my preaching yesterday I felt extremely fatigued. I could not rest yesterday until 6.30pm in the evening and had an hour's nap before going out for my dinner at 9.30pm.

I could not sleep until 1am and got up at my usual time of 5am. Preaching is intense. Preaching by the power of the Spirit takes ecery ounce of one's strength. But I touched many lives yesterday. No one moved or played with their hand phones. Unlike last week when the preaching was less than 15 mins in its delivery I saw a few people around me looking at their handphones. But yesterday every eye was on the preacher. I preached a 43 min sermon without once looking at my watch. 

I felt the Lord's work in my life from glory to glory that I know when to stop whether it is 40 or 45 mins long. There was a sense of glory in the church hall. Many people stayed behind for coffee and greeted me. A couple of people asked to take photos with me and not a few asked for my phone number. Then the pastor took me to his office and together with an elder we had lunch and at 12.30pm another two elders joined us. A two-hour lunch fellowship with coffee served twice and buns were brought in for us at 1.30pm. I left the church at 1.50pm. Each of the four elders asked me many things. From theology to SIB Constitution and recent happenings within our denomination. They must be the 100th person or people who asked me about my future ministry and all will be revealed in God's time. God is sovereign and it is not my will but His will that will determine my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment