Monday, August 14, 2023

A Collection of Essays

I must tossing up between submitting my essay for publication or publish on my own as a collection of essays. I realised that i had written four lengthy essays in Malay and two of my articles could easily be translated from English to Malay and I hope to write one more before year’s end and then I would have a total of 7 essays between 3,000 to 5,000 words.

If I could find a cheap printer or someone to sponsor my book I would probably sell it for RM25.00 and if no sponsor is forthcoming it will be at least RM30.00 which is still manageable and sellable. It will only be about 100 pages long, even shorter than my concise commentary on the Song of Songs which is about 120 pages. 

I decided against submitting it to a book because my essay on theological education is hard-hitting, pointing out many problems that cause many issues arising but I rather not upset anyone near and far, though I don’t mean it to be personal or refer to any institution in particular. I had a chance meeting with a colleague who took the wise step of not writing (it is wise to stay silent on an evil day). 

Then my student took me out for lunch which I paid for as I do not wish to give the impression that I might be influenced by any thing, lunches or favours. But he is a sincere soul and told me what he believed what God wanted to say to me. Even Paul had to listen to Ananias after he had encountered Christ on the road to Damascus.

No comments:

Post a Comment