Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Editing my Essays

I was not looking to publish another book since my last book was published just 8 months ago. Knowing how difficult and strenuous the whole process of editing, formatting and publishing is, I thought I needed at least 2 years of rest before working on my new book in mid-2024 and publish it in 2025. But alas, I had this window of opportunity of one week's break from work and also the urgency of some issues arising like the doctrine of Trinity, the future of theological education and even some practical issue like marriage and divorce which I had prepared a 40-point paper for a meeting of our doctrinal committee which was cancelled the last minute more than a year ago. I have a collection of 5 long essays and papers in Malay and at least another 5 or 6 essays in English which I shall publish in another book at another time including the papers I had presented in a number of Conferences.

So this book will be in Malay though I may include a couple of sermons in English as this collection of essays reflects my theological journey as well as my preaching ministry over two decades since I graduated with a PhD in 2003. The essay that I shall be spending most time is the essay on the Trinity which I am editing to use the word, "Tuhan" instead of "Allah where possible, though some occasions it is well nigh impossible to use just one word to distinguish the Father and the Son. In English it is simple as it is invariably "God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ". 

No comments:

Post a Comment