Wednesday, August 2, 2023

In the Midst of the Week

After preaching for 2o minutes at Chapel yesterday and singing a song before that, I was again fatigued by it all, with the afternoon not overly productive as I prepared for three hours of lectures last night. But last night I taught on 1 and 2 Corinthians with the 1 Cor 11-14 being the focus for the first 80 minutes and the second 70 minutes were given to discuss Paul's teaching on giving based on 2 Cor 8-9. One student asked right at the end about what about "tithing" which all the apostles are silent about and it would take age least an hour to discuss tithing properly. So I was saved by the bell and after such an intense day of preaching and teaching, I slept just about midnight and got up after 6am which was unusually late.

I felt refreshed and went with our speaker from Indonesia for breakfast. He insisted on paying and we had a hearty breakfast and fellowship over many things. He wanted to return again to Sabah and teach about his interlinear and books, and I thought it would be good too after a couple of years at least when I am more settled and could take him outside of KK to visit a few churches and my former Bible College. Tomorrow I have three more hours of lectures on the Gospel of Matthew and then Friday is free for me to get my preparations done for my trip to KL just at the break of dawn on Saturday. I would conduct a three hour seminar late Saturday afternoon and another two hours after preaching the Sunday sermon. Who is adequate for all these? But one has to work hard and keep working while it is still day for when night comes, no man can work.

No comments:

Post a Comment