Saturday, August 26, 2023

Collection of Essays in Malay

The whole evening yesterday I compiled my essays into book form for publication. It’s just started and my aim is to get them published by graduation day first Saturday in November. But there is still a lot of work. I have three long essays (5,000 words) and two short essays of 3,000 words. Then I have five sermons of various lengths between 1,200 to 2,800 words. The longest was my sermon preached in a pastors’ conference in 2017. I spoke for exactly one hour and it was well received. But I rarely write sermons in full, only five sermons out of possibly 1,000 sermons preached in a three decades’ long ministry.

The book will be about 110 pages long as I only include essays written in Malay. My collection of essays in English will wait another day. My collection of sermons consists of English and Malay sermons. But it will only incorporate 25 percent of the content as the main contents are my essays penned within 7 years from 2016 when I became the Acting Principal to a most recent essay I wrote as a Lecturer in Biblical Studies in my current place of ministry. I thought I get one book out by the end of the year so that I can focus on a commentary next year with expected publication date in 2025. If it gets done earlier I will launch it at my 30th anniversary in full time ministry on 1st Dec 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment