Sunday, August 20, 2023

Preaching in Sabah's Churches again

After a lull of three months, I started preaching in the churches of Sabah. In fact I had already preached thrice, twice at the place of my ministry and two weeks ago in KL. But today marked the first time since late April when I preached in Kinabalu district at the foot of the mountain and at a new home where the owner asked me to pray and bless the place in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Preached I did today and it lasted 38 minutes. I felt the anointing surging more than once despite being invited only on Thursday and being so busy at the Seminary until late Friday. The church gave me the verse from Romans 6:22 and I started with Romans 1:16-18 and the list of sins and vices of Rom 1:19-24.

I skipped Rom 2-3 but spoke about the faith needed to sustain our life here on earth and spoke about our faith being strengthened and not weakened due to circumstances. Then I expounded on Romans 5:1-2 of having peace with God before entering chapter 6. I read from verse 19 until the end of the chapter while speaking briefly about the sinfulness of sin in Rom 7 and the role of the Spirit in Romans 8. By God's grace I managed to summarise what is meant to live in holiness according to Romans in 38 minutes. I do not know when my preaching engagement will come but I do not mind resting because I have a full load of 4 courses and today my voice barely held up but for the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment