Friday, June 19, 2015

On a Journey: In Search of Water

Life is a journey. Ministry is a journey. If by choice I rather not make the journey from Ranau to Kota Kinabalu. But journeying is an imperative, much like the commission to go to make disciple of all nations. Thus, the commission is to go on a journey. Those who obey must go. A journey that has no end on earth for its destination is heaven. So on this side of eternity we are always on a journey. I was on journey again, this time in search of water. When one spends cash on plain water it is a crisis and when one spends more cash on more water it is an emergency. More crises may happen as dams burst and landslides continue to destroy houses and trees at the foot of Mount Kinabalu.

I make the journey back to Ranau for the flock of God under my care. I may need water to wash and clean but everyone needs the water of life to sustain life, life within, life in the Spirit, the water of life. The water of life has its source in the WORD and in the Spirit. The words I speak to you are spirit and are life, says Jesus. The flesh profits nothing but the Spirit gives life. Unless one has the Word and the Spirit, one has no life.

I was on a journey. I started before noon and by 1pm I was famished as I had a light breakfast. I stopped by just beneath the shadow of Mount Kinabalu at 50km, half way between KK and Ranau. I had a clear view. The mountain had lost its youth. On every side I could see the effect of the earthquake and its aftermath of aftershocks and landslides.

After enjoying one of best lunches I had for weeks, I continued on my journey. Behind me is the city of Kota Kinabalu with its apparent calm compared to the chaos of Ranau. I could turn back and return to where I started or I could continue on my journey. As I sped along Ranau drew closer. A town without water, a town shaken to its core with 70 aftershocks in less than a fortnight. As I journeyed in my journey, today and tomorrow I may be in Ranau but the next day I will still be journeying.

No comments:

Post a Comment