Sunday, May 7, 2023

King Charles III arrived early

One comment on King Charles' early arrival to his coronation was that he has waited for this moment for decades and no wonder he arrived early on the first day of his job. When I read this I remember I arrived at Ranau township New Year's Eve at 7.45am having driven from Kota Kinabalu at 6am sharp. It was still dark when I left KK. And I was 50 years old already into my 21st year in full time ministry.

Yesterday I was also one of the first arrivals in the Thanksgiving Service at STS reaching the Campus at 6.50pm for the 7.30pm service. I never like to be late for anything. I rather wait for others than others wait for me. I come to serve and not to be served. I wait on the King of Kings more glorious than any page boy or even the heir to an earthly throne since those who believe will inherit eternal glory and crowned with righteousness. What the world could offer pales in significance to the One seated on the throne who judges rightly and with perfect justice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment