Monday, September 4, 2023

A Nation is a Born in a Day & a Book is Produced in a Week

There is this prophetic verse that a nation will be born in a day. In fact, it is framed as a question: "Can a nation be born in a day?" Of course not! But with God nothing is impossible and the nation of Israel, in 1948 was born in a day. Can a book be produced in a week? Of course not! But with God nothing is impossible. I have worked easily 70 hours in the past week to edit my collection of essays for publication and I am ready to do so. All I need is to get two proof readers and I hope they can read my book within a week and return to me for further checking and then off it goes to the printers. Initially, I was planning for an early November date on graduation, but I might get it out before the teaching Semester ends by the third week of October. I do hope that some of my students will buy it for their holidays' reading. My friend just told me when people are about to retire, they tend to work less. I told him otherwise as I plan to work doubly hard in my last decade of working life into my 70 years of age.

I told him the story of the World Athletics that took place in Budapest couple of weeks ago. You see the athlete who wins glory is one who has something left in the tank towards the finishing line and Femke Bol was a great example. She fell in her first event with just a couple of meters from the finishing line, costing her team the gold in mixed relay. But she won the 400m hurdles easily but her last race 4x400m women's relay was one to remember. She caught up with the Jamaican runner with her last stride literally overtaking two runners in the last 10 meters and how she won glory for herself and her team. 

As for Christian ministry, it is how we end that matters. My friend was a bit shocked when I told him that I have spent a whole week, from early hours in the morning to late at night getting my book ready. I told him I sold almost RM15,000 worth of books last year and that was my income. By God's grace I can see there will be more sale, not that I see that as a profitable venture, but that what I write are gems and diamonds spiritually speaking and those who read are in for a treat. Can a nation be born in day? Can a book be produced in a week? Yes, with God nothing is impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment