Saturday, September 30, 2023

Final Month of Lectures & New Courses for 2024

The month of October is the final month of lectures before exams in the final week and graduation the first Saturday of November. Students who are graduating take their exams early so that their grades could be submitted a couple of weeks before graduation. It has been a hectic three months of lectures and including the month of June where I relocated and prepared my lessons and now coming into my 5th month of work I felt I needed a long holidays.

But yet as I am teaching four courses and it means much more marking of papers so I think I probably need to work until the third week of November before preparing for my new courses beginning Jan 2024. I have been given three courses but all these are new courses which I have never taught before. Greek year 2 involves translating four chapters of John’s Gospel and two chapters of Galatians. If time permits I will throw in a chapter or two on an OT book from the Septuagint. I am offering my first OT book in my teaching career. I have taught Intro to OT and Prophets and never major in just one book. Yes it will be on the Song of Songs which I do not see offered in many Seminaries, but it will be in Malay. So to the English text that I had written should be good as a base for me to begin but Malay is very different from English so there will be a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment