Friday, September 22, 2023

Book Manuscript with the Printers

It's done. It's a relief after more than three and a half weeks of hard work, many early morning hours and late nights, my Collection of Essays and Sermons is on its way to its printers and the printing process should only take about 10 days before being shipped across the South China Sea onward to Kota Kinabalu. I was told depending on the shipping schedule it may take up to 5 weeks, making it too close to call whether my book will arrive in time for the Seminary's graduation on the 4th November. Nevertheless, it is out of my hands now and all I can do is pray that the book will see the light of day by the first few days of the month of November. It's not just the graduation but my preaching ministry starts afresh in the 2nd week of November right up to Christmas Day on the 25th December.

My Galatians' commentary sold more than 150 copies at the end of 2022 as many people bought the book during the Christmas season. This time around, I will probably print at least another 50 copies of the Galatians' commentary and together with my other books, it should make a good selection of books available to the bahasa (Malay-speaking) churches. 

This forthcoming book will be 6th book and just 4 years ago, I was not sure whether I would publish anything more than my first book, a revised version of my dissertation which was published in 2005. I just found out that the 2nd printing is also sold at Amazon and one has to get it through re-sellers. It costs about USD200.00 a copy. But as to all my Malaysian published books I am selling for RM40.00 each to make it easy for buyers to choose and if they buy at least three books, I might give them a bit of a discount. For pastors it will be RM10.00 off the price and some I have given away for free when I know that these church members can't afford even basic necessities in life. But books and reading are basic essentials to feed the life of the mind just as foods and drinks nourish the physical body.

No comments:

Post a Comment