Thursday, September 28, 2023

There is a Time for Everything

It's never too late. God is never too early or too late. He is the creator of time and there is a time for everything and for every purpose on earth. I was looking at my blog's readers this afternoon and I came across two blogposts I wrote. One was on the 1st July 2014, the day after my 6-year tenure at TTC in Singapore ended and I was on my way back to Sabah on that day. In fact, it took me more than 3 months after that before I finally settled down in Sabah. But on the 1st July I was a free agent again, hence the title of the blogspot and I have lived a life of faith, trusting in the Lord. My appointment in Sabah only came on 1st Nov 2014 and my new position started 1st Jan 2015 in Ranau. A second blogpost with a photo of my church in Ranau taken perhaps in November but the blogpost was dated 2nd December 2015. Maybe on three occasions that year in 2015, a couple of musicians standing in front of the congregation would somewhat take photos while I was preaching, so I don't appear in the photo but only the faces of the congregants. On average, easily we had 200 adults worshipping in the first Service and 150 in the 2nd service, making the church I pastored the biggest (in terms of worshippers on a Sunday) in the district of Ranau within my denomination. Did I think that I would pastor a semi-rural church in Ranau after my big city job as lecturer in a College in Singapore? Did I think that so many members would fill the hall for the two Sunday services? No, if humanly thinking has its way, but I was ready to move with the wind of the Holy Spirit and where He led, I followed. From Singapore to Ranau! I intend until the end of my days to do just that, following the Lamb wherever He goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment