Monday, September 11, 2023

Justice for Djokovic

I feel sports. I was filled with emotions when I watched the World Athletics in Budapest three weeks ago. But nothing beats this morning when about 7.40am local time, I found out that Novak Djokovic won the US Open for his 24th Grand Slam. I watched the Australia Open saga early 2022 and what injustice done to Novak and Nadal actually overtook Novak for the Grand Slam tally that year. But now Djokovic is two clear of Nadal and 4 clear of Federer. Justice for Djokovic. But this does not take away the beauty of the game. Some remarkable matches though I only watched the 3 min highlights produced by US Open organisers. Djokovic said that every day every week, he tried to do something better, to play better and to stay ahead of others. If spiritually speaking, do we have such desire to develop spiritually?

Read the Bible longer, perhaps. Pray more persistently. Attend more church services. Do more good. Worship the Lord with greater intensity and more love. Serving Him more devoutly and we can go on and on. Whatever gifts God has given us, do we excel in them? Do we strive for perfection as Jesus says, "Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect"? Now I am not just a teacher, but an author. There are many nights (I have two night classes a week; one afternoon and one morning class). There are nights which I felt the anointing flowed and the students sat there as if listening to the oracles of God, yes all three hours. If it is not the Spirit's anointing it would be nigh impossible to keep awake or keep interested for three hours. But thanks be to God. Now I am completing my sixth book. I would have thought that would be possible just a few years ago. Only 4 years ago, getting my 2nd book out was really tough. But since Dec 2019 when I published "Departure Points", I have three other books out and my sixth could be around the corner in less than 2 months' time. God is great; let the children of men praise the Lord for He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment