Monday, September 25, 2023

One Month Ago

Exactly one month ago, I began the task of compiling my essays and sermons for publication. I am pleased to inform my readers that everything is done and now it is in the process of printing which may take a week to 10 days before being shipped across the ocean to where I am now in Kota Kinabalu. It has been a whirlwind kind of work taking advantage of the one-week mid Semester break late August to early September. My not going to Korea with my colleagues has proven fruitful, as I never planned to publish anything this year with a full-load of four courses a week teaching from Tuesday to Friday. I look forward to the end of October when lectures cease with a couple of exams and then more marking of assignments which I will do in November, at least the first two weeks before taking a short break.

I could well start writing a new book but my itinerant preaching ministry commences in the second week of November in the city before going outstation the following week. Now that the three courses that I will teach in the New Year are out, I have to prepare for my courses. This morning I read a couple of articles in English for Friday's class with a sole MTheol candidate which I am teaching in Malay. I don't know how I will do that in light of the complexity of the topic on Greco-Roman rhetoric. There is no way one can do a doctoral degree without mastery of English and even a MTheol is hard to accomplish since almost all materials and resources are in English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment