Sunday, September 17, 2023

Another New Book

In the midst of some of the most intense preparation for lectures and 11 hours of lectures a week I managed to compile a series of essays, four of which I wrote from 2020-2022 and the main essay on theological education in Sabah on the occasion of Sabah's 60th Independence Day within Malaysia that fell on Saturday 16th Sept 2023. In my essay I wrote about what I would like to see happen the theological education landscape for the next 10 years in time for Sabah's big 70th Malaysia Day in 2033.

I also managed to compile 5 sermons making a total of 10 chapters in my new book. Some of the sermons except two short English sermons were written long hand for a Pastors' and Leaders' Conference in 2017 and my earliest and only written script for a sermon in my first pastorate in SIB Likas (BM) in 2006. 

Each essay is worthy to stand on its own and can develop into a monograph or a book like my 2nd essay on the Trinity which ran for 5,500 words while the essay on theological education is the longest for 6,500 words. My longest sermon is close to 3,000 words preached over an hour and 5 mins. Two English sermons are included among the 8 works in Malay as the first English sermon signalled my start in a new place which commenced in July 2023 and also my last sermon at Trinity Theological College Singapore in April 2014 just two months before I returned to Sabah for good. It will be priced at RM40.00 partly due to a new printing company in KL that I shall be trying for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment