Saturday, September 9, 2023

Cost of Printing Books

In the past couple of years, I had been praying that I would find a printer that is quick, cheap and reliable in terms of quality and delivery of product, namely the book which I want to print. I may have found the printing company, by God's grace. Though, the word, "cheap" only applies if one prints 1,000 copies which I will not take on, because I will print at the most 500 copies. I printed 225 copies of Galatians and all the books are sold out. I am planning to print another 200 copies, maybe early next year. But I need to finish this current project, a collection of essays and sermons.

Basically five essays and three long sermons in Malay and two short sermons in English as the English sermons are ones which I preached as my last sermon in Singapore's Trinity Theological College (April 2014) and my first sermon here at Sabah Theological Seminary, Kota Kinabalu also in English. Both are short as their sermons were translated. But I am really happy with my essays which I believe each one of the five discusses a particular issue and will be helpful to Malay readers. But whether I can get them ready by graduation early November is still up in the air and sea shipment from Kuala Lumpur takes 5 weeks to reach Sabah. Again, I need to invest money in printing books but it is a service and ministry to the BM speaking churches. Most of my students here have bought my two Malay commentaries and I pray that this collection of essays will be a blessing to them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment