Monday, July 7, 2014

1st Week on Sabbatical

When I looked out of the window this morning it was raining heavily. But the trees were gorgeous. It rained from 5am to 10.30am. I rested and thought about another item on my to-do-list on my Sabbatical, that is to get more active and do more exercises. In Sabah 3 weeks ago, I went biking with my friend. Here in Singapore I have to think twice about buying a bike. So I surveyed the land, the surroundings of Clementi. I saw what I liked, a basketball court about 3 minutes' walk from my flat. I went ahead and bought a leather basketball and hope to play tonight or early tomorrow morning.
I used to represent English College when I was Form 5 and played as point-guard. Sports have been a big part of my life until my sore knee kept me away from the strenuous kinds of sports. Last night I followed the live score of Wimbledon finals until the 4th set. Then it got too late and I went to sleep. It has been a good start to my sabbatical, only 7 days but after sitting through 30 minutes of non-sermon yesterday, I guess I would be back at work in no time, preaching I mean for the glory of Jesus Christ and the church that he has bought with his own blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment