Friday, January 9, 2015

From Ranau to Muruk

I recorded my first sermon outside of my church. I spoke about the four lunar eclipses in 2014 and 2015. Together with 2 elders I went to Muruk about 16kms from Ranau. It was my chairman's farm and he had this little but which I called chapel built for his workers to relax and hold community events. Last night was the first cell group for his workers but church members outnumbered the workers. We had 40 plus adults and the other elder commented that it was big enough to form the nucleus of a local church.
But my chairman had none of it as it was in another SIB district and we did not want to upset anybody. But the response was good. I could see the workers really wanting to hear God's Word and I preached a 21min sermon from Psalm 8 about God's love for man. We started at 7.30pm and finished at 8.15pm with porridge and noodles all round and it was a delightful fellowship with many staying back until 9.15pm. We drove home in the dark and it was really dark from Muruk to Ranau but we were filled with joy of the Lord for doing his work. It was my 3rd consecutive night meeting and it is good to have a break tonight from meetings before getting ready to preach twice more on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment