Monday, May 18, 2015

Keeping up with Reading


It was good to spend a restful night at home. I woke up late but felt rejuvenated for the week ahead. I went to the library of a local seminary, the best there is in Sabah. I read a few journal articles from Catholic Biblical Quarterly and New Testament Studies. When I told my wife I had an offer to write a commentary, her quick reply was, "you are a pastor now". A pastor at the edge of civilization in the wilderness where there is no access to good libraries. Alas! Woe to me the author.
But Ecclesiastes says there is no end to writing books but the sum of God's requirements is this, to love and fear God and keep his commandments. I read Gary Anderson's article on "those who draw near to Me I will show myself holy" concerning the strange fire of Nadab and Abihu which was rejected by the Lord by burning them alive in the sanctuary. Who can stand before You, Lord? Who can ascend to your holy hill? Lord if you should count iniquity who is able to stand? But with You is mercy and everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment