Tuesday, January 24, 2023

20th Anniversary PhD Thesis Submission

I woke this morning and when I read Scripture from Isaiah 31-33 meditatively, soon it dawned on me that today marks the 20th anniversary of my thesis submission for examination at the University of Otago. It was quite a nerve-wrecking wait for three and a half months. Apparently, my two NZ examiners had examined the thesis in February and the external examiner in March, but the third examiner in UK was taking some time to mark my thesis. It came in the 2nd week in May 2003 and it was one of most exciting times in my life having gained a doctorate. I remember the weight of responsibility on my shoulders now that I would be known as "Dr."

I felt the same this morning and asked myself, "What have I done with what the Lord has taught me?" I felt shivers up my spine as I reflect on my life and whether I have used it to the maximum to the glory of God. What is holding me back? Is it fear? Is it fear of flying? Is it the fear of cold winter? Some of these questions I have to resolve in my mind before I venture to leave Malaysia and go the West or the East (New Zealand). Perhaps I should not fear all these personal inconveniences if the Lord should call. On Sunday I testified that I was open to all of God's will. I am ready to go anywhere and do anything that the Lord will command. I am at His Service, like James Bond in Her Majesty's Service and perhaps now in His Majesty's service at King Charles' coronation later in May. Anyhow, I felt energised this morning and the whole morning to early afternoon, I was filled with joy and peace of the Holy Spirit. I felt the Lord would soon reveal to me what He wants me to do. Now that I have completed my Galatians' commentary and I am not planning to write again, not so soon. I still hope to write a book on Ecclesiastes and then perhaps Revelation but these are not my immediate concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment