Friday, January 27, 2023

Restlessness & Rest in God (Departure Points)

Yesterday I was restless. I did not know what to do. But this morning calm had returned and now I am at peace with God. Last Sunday I told the congregation that quite often after much prayers, God may not speak directly to us, but He will give us the peace of mind before we embark on a major decision that will affect the future in our lives and ministry. I am at such a point. My waiting is over. In fact, by the end of November last year it was clear that I do not have a future where I am now. The silence is deafening and it brings only one message which is loud and clear. Now I am resting in God. And I am going to step out in faith once more. Last night I was heartened to accidentally click on an update of a church friend. She has been reading my Departure Points (already three years since publication).

When I read the part she posted I was delighted that much of my book is like a gold mine, much nuggets of gold to be mined. When I gave her a prayer sign of acknowledgement and she replied that she still has much to learn from the book. She is in her mid-20s and also on Sunday, another female professional in her mid-30s commented positively about my book, Departure Points. When I think of it, this is my target audience, of those in their 20s and 30s that they may know about their Church's history and that once upon a time, there was a Chinese travelling and preaching in every corner of the State of Sabah. By noon, I will decide to take another step forward. I do not know whether it will lead to anything for "my times are in Your hands, O Lord" (Psalm 3!:16), but I have peace within myself and peace with God and only in Him, I find my rest and my dwelling place in this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment