Tuesday, January 3, 2023

"That I may declare all Your works" (Psalm 73:28)

It has been a whirlwind Christmas and New Year's ministry. And it's not done yet until the Orthodox Christmas on Saturday. This itinerant ministry has taken me from KK (two churches) to Ranau for three days, then to Sandakan for New Year's ministry and now onto Kota Belud. I can only praise God and declare all that He has done, His great works for all who have eyes to see and ears to listen. I preached for 55 minutes on New Year's Day and I sensed that everyone paid attention and no one moved as I spoke. The interesting thing was that the elder who came after my sermon prayed a prayer of repentance for the church and I praised the Lord that the Word of God touched him and many members on New Year's Day. I have also restored my relationship with my closest relatives.

My niece who got married and her mother was my closest cousin as we were separated only by one month in birth and my other cousin also who was two months younger but she was in KL and did not make it for the wedding. Now my closest cousin is one who is about 6 or 7 years younger than me and she was the one who took me to see her mother, my sam gu jie (3rd auntie). I also visited my 2nd auntie and her husband, my uncle who is now 90 years old. Indeed, dark days are long and we should make use of every opportunity before the silver cord is broken. At least this cousin was one I met by chance in 2018 when we were at the airport in Kota Kinabalu on our flight to Singapore. My oldest cousin who lived with us in our family home in Sandakan when he was younger (primary school to Form 5) is also close to me. A few months ago he visited my mum in KK and he drove me around Sandakan for more than an hour before dropping me back in the Hotel. Now I am determined to keep in touch with my cousins and their grown-up children, especially those I met during the wedding reception. It's time to focus on ministry to my own flesh and blood, after spending nearly three decades ministering to my spiritual family, the believers among the indigenous peoples of Sabah.

No comments:

Post a Comment