Friday, January 20, 2023

God Changes my Heart (Proverbs 21:1)

In the book of Proverbs (21:1), it is said that, "the king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." I must admit God has changed my heart. Despite one's best wishes if not reciprocated, one does not see any fruits. It is like the two lovers in the Song, that the love is something to behold as the interaction between the lovers and their mutual self-praise and enjoyment of each other permeates the whole Song from beginning to end. Also in Amos, "unless both sides agree, how can two walk together".

I have to face up to reality that my current situation is untenable. I must thank my siblings in Christ to make the last 9 months filled with much joy and happiness despite of the heartache and tribulations that one faces. Especially the eight churches throughout Sabah that invited me to preach and teach, three from the interior churches and five Kota Kinabalu churches. Also my former College in Namaus that invited me last June not only to teach but to preach in their Chapel's service. 

Despite all that, I feel I need to move on for God is doing a new thing and He has changed my heart like He turns the rivers of water in whatever direction He wishes. He is my Lord and God and only to Him I submit and serve. To Him I obey just like the patriarchs and elders of old that it is spoken of them that, "by faith" they had so acted in obedience to God. So now I have come to a stage that I know within a month or at most two, I will know where I am heading in the future. I have waited long enough. It's time for action and God has changed my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment